FirstBank Southwest has full-time opening for a Commercial Lender I at our Pampa, TX location.
Responsible for soliciting, analyzing, and originating quality loans which will provide a good return on equity; providing on-going monitoring and supervision of loan portfolio; detecting deterioration of asset quality; and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- College degree in finance, accounting, or agricultural/finance and formal credit training program are required.
- Must have minimum of two years’ experience in credit analysis and underwriting. Strong credit, marketing, problem identification, and problem solving skills are essential.
- Must register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS and maintain the unique identifying number necessary as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
- Must be able to handle several requests simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal, communication and customer relations skills are necessary.
- Mental and visual concentration is necessary for working at computer, writing and dealing with frequent telephone and customer interruptions.
- Must be able to handle pressure resulting from the demand for quick and correct decisions.
- Must have a clear understanding of products and policy and procedures.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, along with good interpersonal skills in dealing with employees, customers, and vendors. Customer service and communications skills are critical.
- Must be able to analyze and troubleshoot problems. This includes analytical, problem solving and documentation skills. Attention to detail and mental concentration are required. At times, the position may assume dealing with others under stressful conditions and working outside of normal work hours.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and accurately is essential.
This position is eligible for full benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance; vacation, sick, and holiday pay, 401k, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, voluntary benefits, and many other employee benefits.
Apply for this job
FirstBank Southwest is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected veteran status.