Amarillo, TX – FirstBank Southwest (FBSW) has been donating to area schools through a School Spirit Card Program since 2019. In 2022, the program worked with 15 different schools in the Texas Panhandle to create, market and distribute a customized Debit Card with the school logo/mascot. These customized debit cards allow users to show off their school pride and give back to their school district.
FirstBank Southwest donates a portion of each debit card transaction processed to each school district participating in the program. The more the user makes transactions on the card throughout the year, the more money the school gets. There are no limitations to how or where the money is being used for the school districts.
Totals for 2022 school donations are as follows:
- Perryton Independent School District – $17,915.05
- Booker Independent School District – $5,388.15
- Hereford Independent School District – $6,082.20
- Pampa Independent School District – $6,623.30
- Amarillo High School (Amarillo Independent School District) – $1,185.85
- Tascosa High School (Amarillo Independent School District) – $944.70
- Caprock High School (Amarillo Independent School District) – $665.20
- Palo Duro High School (Amarillo Independent School District) – $452.95
- Randall High School (Canyon Independent School District) – $672.95
- Canyon High School (Canyon Independent School District) – $1,444.30
- West Plains High School (Canyon Independent School District) – $114.0
- Darrouzett Independent School District – $1,011.70
- Accelerate Christian Church – $ 77.75
- Bushland Independent School District- $108.35
- Balko Independent School District – $205.65
FirstBank Southwest will donate a total of $42,105.15 this year and will be adding three new schools: AmTech Career Academy, Ascension Academy, and San Jacinto Christian Academy.
If you are interested in a School Spirit Debit Card, visit your nearest FirstBank Southwest branch. Fees may apply.
ABOUT FIRSTBANK SOUTHWEST
FirstBank Southwest (“FBSW”) was founded in 1907 and family owned since 1934. FirstBank Southwest is a dynamic 1.6B+ regional bank that has the privilege of serving the families and businesses of the Texas Panhandle, DFW Metroplex, and Austin and San Antonio metro markets. It is the mission of FBSW to be the preferred community bank in the great state of Texas by providing focused financial services for commercial customers and retail customers. Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter. Visit us on our webpage at: www.fbsw.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Rachel Smith, Marketing Director, 806.354.5245, [email protected]