- Configure your device to require a passcode to gain access if this feature is supported in your device.
- Avoid storing sensitive information. Mobile devices have a high likelihood of being lost or stolen so you should avoid using them to store sensitive information (e.g. passwords, bank account numbers, etc.). If sensitive data is stored then encryption should be used to secure it.
- Keep your mobile device’s software up-to-date. These devices are small computers running software that needs to be updated just as you would update your PC. Use the automatic update option if one is available.
- Disable feature not actively in use suck as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and infrared. Set Bluetooth enabled devices to non-discoverable when Bluetooth is enabled.
- Delete all information stored on a device before the device changes ownership. Use a hard factory reset to permanently erase all content and settings stored on the device.
- “Sign out” or “Log off” when finished with an app rather than just closing it.
Back to app.